Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Sad news!
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 09:08 AM (162 Views)
marlboroman

I just saw the news that Christmas and Farley have left that band. Hopefully nothing more then being at a crossroads in life and choosing to pursue a new path (though no one seemed at all happy from what I caught of the last Conor tour). Will definitely miss their presence, but excited to see what the future holds for everyone!
Offline Profile Quote Rules

StormyRussian
Member Avatar

So, for all intents and purposes, this is the end of the band, no?

Ian's the driving creative force and I'm sure he will continue playing shows (as he has been) and perhaps play with James, but this like half of the longtime members gone.

Huge bummer. End of an era. At the very least, this will be an entirely different band now.

Felice Brothers 1.0: 2006 - Simone's exit
Felice Brothers 2.0: Simone's exit - Farley/Christmas' exit
Felice Brothers 3.0: Whatever comes now.

DesolationRow

Definitely the end of an era. Not the same without Farley and Christmas. I thought we'd get to see them play with the band this final weekend as sort of a farewell, but they didn't show up.

Last night in Boston was James and Ian, along with a new female bass player and same drummer for the last 2 years. Ian announced their names but I couldn't hear what he said. Not sure if this is temporary to get through these final 2 shows, but they all played well together and sounded excellent. Still hard to get over Farley and Xmas gone. Hopefully it's not on bad terms. So many great memories of the last 11 plus years touring together.

StormyRussian
Member Avatar

Thanks for the report, DesolationRow. I have been trying to find out who played last night but haven't gotten anything on facebook or anything else.

I feel like it's going to be a really long time before we see any more shows announced. Obviously not my call to make, but in a weird way I feel like maybe they should just create a new band with a new name. Ian/James and whomever else.

Continuing the band with 2/5 members seems weird. Almost like it's the Felice Brothers in name only.

Perhaps I'm being melodramatic, but this band has sort of been the soundtrack of my adult life. Found them in '07 while in college and saw shows with my friends, then ended up introducing them to my grad school friends and going to tons of shows with them. Both girls I seriously dated in the past five years have, oddly enough, been fans and I have memories of the band attached to both of them. Through all that, they never got so big that they no longer felt like "our" band. Definitely a huge loss knowing that I won't get to see them play anymore with the people who are in my life now/will be later.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Take This Hammer · Next Topic »
Add Reply