Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ian in Manchester 22.11.17
Topic Started: Nov 23 2017, 03:25 PM (180 Views)
Margentina

After the cancelled UK tour at the beginning of the year it was good to see Ian back on our shores and in good form, just him and his guitar and of course a bunch of great songs. As you'd expect the set was mostly made up of his excellent new album but there was a scattering of gems from the back catalogue too, starting with him mixing a bit of Little Ann into Water Street and also including Jack at the Asylum, Life in the Dark, Mating of the Doves and quite surprisingly Cus's Catskill Gym ("I have to rock a bit") before an encore of Ballad of Lou to finish B-) . Also did a "new-ish, country waltz" that I wasn't familiar with but had a chorus along the lines of "that kid\and what he did\was wrong\but who's to blame?\It's as much his crime\as it is yours and mine\shine a light on ghost-town New York" Anyone know this from US shows?

Picked up his book of poems afterwards too and got it signed, still have no idea what to say to him when I'm stood there! Wish I had the chance to get to another one or two of the shows but anyone who is has really got something to look forward to, hopefully the full band will be back in the not too distant future.
Offline Profile Quote Rules

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Live Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply