Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hello, all!
Topic Started: Aug 25 2014, 03:08 AM (2,699 Views)
cherrywine
Member Avatar

Hi Guys!

I am a HUGE felice bros fan and am finally joining this site because I cannot bear having no one to talk about them with for much longer. I first saw them at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in San Francisco a few years ago, maybe back in 2010?? as Conor Oberst's back-up band. I was really, really intrigued and impressed at what they brought to his performance (as he was the main reason I went to the festival back then), especially since they had such an awesome fiddle player and I was(/am? ... but haven't played in a long time :( ) a violinist myself. Their energy was so tangible and genuine, something that feels like a bit of a rarity these days. I think I listened to "The Felice Brothers" after this show but as I was super-obsessed with another band at the time (Portugal. the Man), I didn't really get around to listening to them as much as I could have.

The last time I saw them was past year at The Fillmore (in SF) opening for Conor, but this time I was quite excited for what I was in for (and I rarely want to stand through opening bands!). Not surprisingly, the Brothers blew me away, made far more of an impression on me than even the Conor show (but there was also a really obnoxious girl in front of me yelling "CONOR!!!!!!!" at the very top of her lungs every 5 seconds, so maybe that had something to do with it-- even Christmas was giving her a wtf?? look ha), and I walked away entranced, wanting full Felice immersion! I am truly thankful for this band and I look forward to seeing what this board has to offer. Thank you so much to the creators and posters~

HSB 2013 w/ Conor Oberst >>>

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Rules

itrainmonkeys
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hey Cherry! Welcome to the forum. Activity is down a bit right now and I'm working on some things to get more people talking again. We've got a nice little community here. Glad you love the band as much as us. Stick around.

- Sean

cherrywine
Member Avatar

itrainmonkeys
Aug 25 2014, 09:14 AM
Hey Cherry! Welcome to the forum. Activity is down a bit right now and I'm working on some things to get more people talking again. We've got a nice little community here. Glad you love the band as much as us. Stick around.

- Sean
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that & am looking forward to what you have in store. Do people ever meet up for shows from this forum or are there other sites/avenues (reddit, meetup etc) that you know work well for Felice fans? I'm definitely going to see them at Bluegrass and possibly going to hit up Austin to see them as well since I've never been, and it'd be cool to meet w/ ppl there who are rly into them as well. Thx~~

itrainmonkeys
Member Avatar
Administrator
I've met up with a few different folks from this forum at shows. I mostly hit up NY or northeast US shows and have had the pleasure of meeting a few different fans. If a show is coming up that you're going to you can always make a post in the "Live Shows" section and see if anyone else is going.

Blue Eyed Jane
Member Avatar

Welcome to Cherry!
i've met up with some message board Felice friends too - at Shepherdstown WV & York PA shows. even met Digger once...

lbrod

Hey cherrywine, have you seen this years Hardly Strictly list?
The brothers are going to be there, and are playing a Friday night show
at the Chapel with Spirit Family Reunion. Look for the grey beard hopping
around like a happy fool and say hello.

cherrywine
Member Avatar

lbrod
Sep 2 2014, 07:57 PM
Hey cherrywine, have you seen this years Hardly Strictly list?
The brothers are going to be there, and are playing a Friday night show
at the Chapel with Spirit Family Reunion. Look for the grey beard hopping
around like a happy fool and say hello.
Hey, Ibrod!

Wow, I did NOT know that!!! Thanks so much for the update ha and hopefully see you there! Sounds epic, I've never even been to this venue before.

cherrywine
Member Avatar

***Lbrod

helenfryguy

Welcome to the club cherry wine

cherrywine
Member Avatar

helenfryguy
Sep 11 2014, 02:04 AM
Welcome to the club cherry wine
Thanks! Trying to find felice bros fans Irl has been nearly IMPOSSIBLE!!!

helenfryguy

I did on accident once and she got me into a show by having ian felice personally put my name on the list for a sold out show so were out here anything In the New York Tristate area I'm usually going

cherrywine
Member Avatar

helenfryguy
Oct 2 2014, 01:59 AM
I did on accident once and she got me into a show by having ian felice personally put my name on the list for a sold out show so were out here anything In the New York Tristate area I'm usually going
Dope, I'm moving to NYC later this month so hopefully I will meet a lot of Felice fans at the Halloween 10/29 show!!! I think one of the big advantages of living in the northeast must be all of the felice brothers shows you can see haha.

helenfryguy

Rad I'll be there for sure

itrainmonkeys
Member Avatar
Administrator
I'm planning on going to the NY show at Brooklyn bowl as well. Should be good. Love that venue.

cherrywine
Member Avatar

Awesome! The Chapel show in SF was Absolutely Stellar, btw, so I can feel that this show will be amazing as well. Ian was even smiling haha + Conor Oberst was there! He made a surprise appearance on stage at the end and sang Wonderful Life with them (+ a couple others) omg... life bucketlist item checked.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: